jueves, 20 de enero de 2011

fat, old and lonely...niiice!

The British newspaper „the guardian” recently published an article on a trend in cosmetic surgeries: Women want to look like 36. “Sweet” I thought! The consumer society has selected “36” as the landmark of aesthetic-human splendour, the non plus ultra of hotness.

The first thing that came to my mind was that in only four years people will envy me, and if not, they will find me pretty damn sexy.

As I continue reading, I couldn’t believe the article: Looking like 36 was not the goal of ladies in their late 40’s, they are women in their early 20’s the ones trying to look like cougars!

Anne, my flatmate has a refined sense of humour which she perfectly complements with her German way of telling things (She is quite direct). Well, some minutes ago, Anne saw me in the kitchen, and apparently I was looking worried (but I wasn’t) and as I told her I was going to write for my blog, she asked me if I was writing about how sad my life was.
She finished our short conversation by adding that I was “fat, old and lonely”. Although this comment may sound as a reason for either stop talking to her or suddenly committing suicide, I thought it was great and laughed out loud :-D

I liked Anne’s comment so much I told her it was the perfect title for the blog, then I grabbed a bottle of red wine and came into my room to write this.

It is nothing new that I whine for being fat, old or lonely, but that’s not the case this week. Not since I read that Lindsey Lohan and Heidi Montag are 23 and 24 respectively and just got themselves fixed with botox to look older than me.

Thank you Lindsey!


P.S. The article “The year-zero face: is 36 the perfect age for a woman?” was written by Eva Wiseman in case you would like to google it.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario