jueves, 4 de febrero de 2010

a summary of my two lifes

Currently, my life in Managua consists of mainly two things: Interviewing people and cooking with the children from the SOS village. The first one is the reason I came to Managua; the second is an activity I choose because of a number reasons: I love cooking; I love kids; and the most important one: I want to be part of the SOS Village. I prefer to be called by my name rather than being the Mexican guy who lives at the guest house.
One of the best things I’ve experienced at the village is when a child or an SOS aunt or walks by and say ¡Hola!

On weekdays after work I often play and cook with the children and each night, Felicia, the village director, and I talk for hours about the funny, the weird and the difficult things from each other's work.

In Managua I spend my time either at the office, chatting with Felicia or playing/cooking with children; while in Innsbruck I live a completely different life: After work I go home, cook and dine with Marina (my flatmate) and one or two of our usual dinner guests (Hannes, Verena or Isabella). At night I work a while on the los gurkos activities, which is mainly organizing electro-pop gigs and a yearly short-film festival. I also attend several concerts, about 2 or 3 a week; actually, I don’t care much about the music style as long as it’s good, but I have to say that I can’t stand salsa and funky jazz, not to mention music involving the most hippie instrument of all time: didgeridoo.

In Innsbruck I am more involved in cultural activities and have a considerable social network, but in Managua I live a more quiet life, which I truly enjoy. I love the evenings on the porch, the nights zapping on cable-TV (I don’t have a TV in Innsbruck) and the fact that I have ninety cheeky and funny neighbours.

My calm lifestyle will change within the next 24 hours: My mom is coming along with two friends and will stay for a week. It may sound awkward, but I really enjoy being with her; it is surely different as when I’m with Tita and Tomás, but it’s still cool. The best part of her visit will be Richard Clayderman’s concert this Saturday. I can’t wait to see his half-long blond hair waiving besides the red roses over his piano...

…I just received a phone call from a not-identified number and they hang up before saying anything. I hope that was no warning call from the jealous boyfriend. Today I saw Ericka, she was in the village and I said “hello” to her, maybe this triggered the macho-beast inside his fiancee…or are they already married?

P.S. Noticed the new pic? That's me with my best friend under 5, Martin and two other guys from the village in Estelí

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario