viernes, 29 de enero de 2010

This weekend may be crap, but next Saturday will be memorable

It's Friday night. My second michelada is almost gone (Michelada is beer served on ice with lime juice and salt) and I am thinking of having fun next weekend. Do you think this sounds strange? I think it’s pretty sad; Tomorrow, I will wake up at 8 and leave for Ometepe, where I will meet a group of children I am supposed to interview on Sunday, right after that I will travel back to Managua. Sound amazing isn’t it? This weekend will be so short and shitty, that even writing these lines with sarcasm is not helping…

Ometepe is the volcano island in the middle of the Nicaragua Lake. It is in fact a beautiful spot, but going there to spend the weekend in front of a microphone and a questionnaire takes away all the charm. Yes, Saturday and Sunday will be the golden crown of a terrible week: I had 16 interviews and it was hell to conduct them; I transcribed several interviews into text documents; and finally, I prepared and chaired a meeting with my project’s consultative group (representatives of SOS, Universities and other NGOs).
This week was really hard and I didn’t get as much sleep as I wanted, each day I woke up willing to stay longer in bed, but…duty was calling

I just finished my michelada and with it, the remaining drops of fun just vanished.

The next chance to enjoy the company of another human being will be next Friday, when my mother and Helena, one of her best friends, land at Managua’s airport. My mom is visiting me, and that’s great! But that’s not all, on Saturday we are going to see Richard Clayderman live. Can you believe it? The world’s most known pianist is performing at Nicaragua’s National Theatre, and we will be attending this glorious event.

Sincerely, I don’t like Richard Clayderman at all, but how often can one get the chance to hear “Ballade pour Adeline” (the most kitsch ballad of all times) performed live on a grand piano? Just to think of Monsieur Clayderman on a glitter suit playing on his white piano takes me into an almost spiritual voyage. Oh yeah!

This weekend may be crap, but Mr. Clayderman’s concert will be memorable

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario