viernes, 9 de abril de 2010

how a pregnancy test almost ruined my evening

It is 1:30 a.m. and it won’t be until 4:10 that the taxi will pick me up to take me to the airport. I am flying to Tita’s wedding in Chihuahua. For me, it is completely weird to know she is marrying. Only a week ago I edited visuals for the wedding and while preparing them, I got very nostalgic and even felt like crying. While editing the visuals, many memories came back since I used only childhood pictures from her and her fiancé. My mom and Victor’s mother sent me wonderful material. The earliest photos were taken in the hospital, right after each one’s birth. There were some pictures of them from the cradle and other showing them learning to walk; however, my favourite is a picture of Tita eating a mango on a beach; by the expression of her face you can tell that at the moment the picture was taken, that mango was for her the most precious thing on the universe.

Talking about mangoes, Verena, one of my best friends, came to visit me today. We haven’t seen each other in more than six months; she was in Burma and India during my time in Nicaragua. I brought Verena a package of dried mangoes I bought from a single-mother’s cooperative in Managua. Right after she left, Isabella, another very important friend of mine, came to bring me a copy of her Master’s Thesis and a picture she draw for my Aunt’s Women's rights NGO in Chihuahua. Isabella researched for her thesis during her residence in Chihuahua 2009, the year she unofficially became a part of the Germes Castro family.

Today I also practiced a pregnancy test on myself; as expected, it turned out to be negative, but I felt very sad to see on that plastic tool that I was not pregnant.

Hannes rescued the evening, he also visited me and we worked for a while on our Short Film Festival, and later, we went to have dinner on a nice mountain cabin with friends: Sarah and Lisa (they are sisters and help us prepare the festival), Marion, another Lisa, and Marcelo, the Argentinean boyfriend of the first Lisa. Marcelo knows serigraphy and he will help us print t-shirts for the festival :-)

For me, the coolest things happening at the moment are my sister’s wedding, the festival and all the friends I am meeting again; those will be surely repeating topics in my next blog entries.

Have a nice evening; I will keep on waiting for my taxi.

1 comentario: