miércoles, 31 de marzo de 2010

"Remolacha" means "red beet" in Spanish from Spain

My life is starting to be normal again. Last Wednesday I performed live for the first time since last September; the day after I co-held a workshop on international process optimisation; on Friday, I went out with Hannes, my sidekick, and had a melted cheese & speck sandwich and many glasses of prosecco. The weekend was not bad, but this week has been hard at the office, currently I have more than enough to do.

Even though I am really enjoying my adaptation back to Innsbruck, there is a thing I truly detest: The return of the winter. This morning the mountains were covered by white layer of snow. It seems like in Innsbruck the spring rang shortly on the door, but decided to go for a walk and come back later. Either this happened, or the winter definitively finds it cosy in Austria and doesn’t want to leave.

If it chilly or sunny, it doesn’t matter, this week is Easter, and for the first time in years I have planed to do something: On Easter-Monday Luisa and her mother Kathrin are coming for lunch. Luisa is only 2 years old and Kathrin is 28 (or 29). This will be the first time I am going to cook for a guest not taller than 1 meter. Last year I cooked for Elin and her son Julian, who is 5. Back then, I prepared two different spaghetti sauces for him: a red one and a white one. Julian surprisingly, wanted white sauce on his pasta, later he had a second plate with red sauce and loads of what he called “Parmesan Ost”, which is Norwegian for cheese (Julian is half Mexican and half Norwegian, but I have nothing to do with that).

Kids love spaghetti, I think because it is funny and easy to eat, but for little miss sunshine (Luisa is probably the most charming girl in Innsbruck) I have no idea what to cook.
I can’t remember what I liked to eat when I was two years old. Cheese maybe. I think I will cook quesadillas with avocado. To add vitamins to that meal I may prepare a simple salad, cucumber or red beet. By the way, Kathrin told me today that Luisa learnt how to say red beet in Spanish. She even asked her mom to call called me in order to say to me on the phone “Remolacha”.

Remolacha means red beet in Spanish from Spain, but in Mexico we say "betabél".

P.S. The girl in the picture is Luisa

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario