viernes, 27 de agosto de 2010

el blog de oscar, the sort of marie claire for men

Bert, a friend of mine, told me that my blog was a sort of “marie claire” for men. That was an interesting remark. I once read in a Nick Hornby book that woman’s magazines have been publishing the same content on each issue for decades: you will always find a diet, tips about fashion, an article on health/beauty and another one about sex.

By taking a look to my blog entries, I can surely recognize many of those themes.

Eating and drinking are essential parts of my blog entries; I simply cannot imagine my blog without recipes or experiences about the best thing on earth: food!

Health and beauty have also been issues in my blog. My anti-ageing body lotion is one example; my problem zones are also well-known by the blog readers.

Fashion is something I do care, but I have never written about it. However, I change my profile picture almost each time I write an entry. Gimm and Lea, two friends, told me years ago that I had a fixation for ugliness. I agree, and many of my profile pics have shown me from my ugliest angle. Take as an example the pale guy on the beach ;-)

The last theme of a woman’s magazine my blog should cover in order to be a woman’s magazine for men is sex. I am afraid I will never reveal funny experiences with the opposite sex (there are only funny things), but I was once close to do so. When I was in Nicaragua, Sarah convinced me not to write about those “not existing activities”. I am glad I didn’t, however, I think that my non-existing sex life is implicit in many of my entries; just recall the “emotional chastity”, a friend of mine loved those two words put together and used them as a message on her skype account.

Thanks for reading el blog de oscar germes, the sort of marie claire for men...even if you are are a she :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario