viernes, 13 de agosto de 2010

I wasn't the palest person in Sitges, but surely the whitest man

Long time no blog…I will start with a mushroom experience two weeks ago: Alethia, a girl from Mexico; Verena from Innsbruck, an English guy who was raised in Kenya and myself went to a forest near Innsbruck to gather chantarels, a yellow mushroom which grows through all Europe; well at least I know it grows in Cataluña, Germany, Slovakia and Lithuania.

The four of us got together three kilos of mushrooms (it is allowed to take up to one kilo per person). It was enough to cook for some 10 people, and we did it. We prepared a chantarel stew, in German called Eierschwammerlgulasch. The main ingredients are chantarels, white wine and crème fraîche (Verena used less cream to maintain the mushrooms taste, but I prefer it creamier). We also prepared Knödels (bread dumplings/albondigas). Those are peach-sized balls made out of dried bread cubes, eggs, onions, garlic and loads of fresh parsley.

The dinner was fantastic: we were ten people in my backyard. As starters we had grilled cherry tomatoes with fresh-grated parmesan, green beans with balsamic and chilli and grilled spring onions with lemon juice.

That was on Sunday; on Thursday I flew to Barcelona and stayed there until Tuesday. It was my first time since January 2007, when I was there with Hannes and Verena (after that trip Verena and I broke up). The last days in Barcelona were great; I stayed with my good old friends Sara and Carol and also met David twice. In Barcelona I also met my mom, who is now chilling in Innsbruck for some weeks.

Since my mom was in Barcelona only once in 1970, she wanted to see the city’s tourist spots (those I wanted to avoid). Carol and I came along with her so see Gracia, el Borne, el Raval, el Barri Gotic, we were also in Montjuïc, Parc Güell and the Barceloneta.

On Sunday we spent the afternoon in Sitges, were I swam using my underwear (I forgot my legendary swim trunks in Innsbruck); that day I was proudly the whitest man on the beach, but not the whitest person, there was an unbeatable girl, I think she was English, on her early 20's and was whiter than milk.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario