miércoles, 6 de octubre de 2010

we are not alcoholics, we are only in our thirties!

Yesterday I got a call from my very friend Mai. She asked me how was I doing, how was work in the office, about my weekend and when my turn to ask questions came, I heard her new born baby on the background.

Yesterday, her child was only 72 hours old, and the baby sounded so wonderful! I can’t remember hearing a child as young as Mai’s son. When my brother was born I was five and very attached to my mom, so attached that my parents feared I could suffer a jealousy attack. When my mom and my new-born brother came home from the hospital, my father sent me to my cousin’s place to spend the night there. I only saw Tomás on the second or third night he was home.

After hanging up with Mai, I nearly stared to sob. I don’t know why, but I was extremely happy to know that the “strange thing” inside Mai’s body, came out and started living, eating, breathing…This was the first time I heard someone at the beginning of life.

Today was not a cool day, at work my computer wasn’t working properly, so I had to read documents while my PC was being updated (the IT guys did several updated in the course of the afternoon). I came home tired as hell wanting to see an episode of twin peaks, just to discover that I finished the first season and had no episodes left, Hannes has the second season at home; I hope I get more DVDs tomorrow.

Just some minutes ago, my flatmate came home and saw me with a glass of Grüner Veltliner; and the “Groovie”, as they call “Grüner Veltliner” in NY, is, together with Chardonnay, the wine I usually drink when I write my blog.

I have the slight feeling that Anne (I am allowed to use my flatmate’s real name on my blog) thinks I am an alcoholic. This Monday Anne, Verena, Hannes and I dine together. Before starting to eat we had Prosecco, then red wine, and after dinner we had gin sours…we, means all but Anne. When preparing the gins, I felt like clarifying something to Anne, so I told her that we are not alcoholics, we are only on our thirties.

I am having a last sip…before finishing this entry...oh yeah!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario