jueves, 11 de noviembre de 2010

The most egocentric blog-entry ever

Exactly one year ago I started this blog-project; it was actually planned as a way of communicating my adventures in Nicaragua, but now, this blog is actually my therapy.

Some of my work at the office implies data analysis. Yesterday, I analysed all my blog-entries (content analysis, without a list of pre-defined categories, the categories arose in the course of the analysis), then I did some basic statistics. Here some of the results:

The total number of blog-entries analysed was 46 (N=46).

- Food was the most common theme in all blogs, appearing in 27 of them (58%).

- In 40% of my entries I talked about drinks (for a series of reasons, I did not calculate the percentage of blog entries I wrote while drinking an alcoholic beverage). The most common drinks mentioned are: Prosecco, Chardonnay, Gin-tonic and chocolate milk.

- I was surprised when I calculated the percentages for the entries specifically mentioning girls, it was only 15%, and my age was mentioned only in 9% of the entries. Sincerely, I thought it would be way much higher.

This was a qualitative study, and when analysing the blog’s “mood”, I tried to be as objective as possible, but since I am the author of the texts and also of this analysis, I consider the level of interpretation was very low. Here the results:

- 48% of the entries can be considered as funny, and they are distributed all year long, however:
Frustration (10%) and Loneliness (9%) are present in entries written between
Oct ‘09 and March ‘10 (While in Nicaragua)

- Melancholy is present in 19% of the entries, and here the interesting data: 89% of the melancholic blog-entries were written in summer (between May and September)…a hell of a summer…

- Happiness (11%) comes only in the months of May and June. An interesting thing, since May and June were actually “melancholic” months. My interpretation: In order to cope with melancholy, I wrote about happiness.

- Music came in 20% of the entries. Childhood or children-related themes made up 17% of the analysed texts. Family and friends were counted in every fourth entry.

Summary: I love food and enjoy drinking. Nicaragua was a frustrating period of my life (But I remember it as a very nice experience). This summer was sad and my family, my friends, music and childhood are things I highly value.

P.S. The pic is me with a videocamera taped on my head :-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario