viernes, 8 de abril de 2011

the Czech extra kilos

I stop drinking beer in 2007. Ever since, I only had one at Munich’s airport in 2007, one at a friend’s wedding in 2009, and a few in Nicaragua (beer was my prosecco substitute in Central America).

The reason for quitting was the relation between beer consumption and my increasing body fat-index.

Last Friday I travelled to Prague for working reasons. We stayed in a nice hotel with a huge breakfast buffet.

The very first morning, I was late for our meeting and only had 5 minutes for breakfast (literally 5 minutes). While having breakfast I felt like breaking a Guinness record. I cut my fried egg and some bacon stripes and built four portions I ate in four bites (around 15 seconds per portion, 60 seconds). On the side I had baked beans and cucumber; I mixed the beans with cucumber to have a “healthy” version of an English breakfast. I exterminated those guys also in 60 seconds. While doing all this I brew myself a cup of earl grey (3 minutes). I never ate so fast in my life, but at least I was on time for the meeting.

During the resting days I ate like Conan the barbarian: Beef, goose, dumplings, Gulasch, kraut, potatoes…and beer.

I came back yesterday from Prague after five and a half days of work (12 hours a day) and at least 15 litres of Kozel, Zlatoplamen, Pilsner Urquell and Budweiser.

Already on Sunday I felt my body was not content with the amounts of Czech food and beer I was consuming, that day I started having oats and fruits for breakfast until I discovered miso-soup at the end of the buffet line…thank you hotel manager!

This morning I called my friend Kathrin, who knows an ayurvedic treatment for expelling toxins from one’s body. She warned me that the preparation for this regimen lasts between 4 and 5 days (no sugar, no pasta, no alcohol), and only then the real treatment begins. This is hard core! I think I won’t try Kathrin’s treatment this time. Until then, I hope I can cope with my Czech extra kilos.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario