jueves, 21 de marzo de 2013

this galaxy does not irradiate any kind of light anymore

Matteo, my flatmate, knows what he says when talking about physics - He is writing his PhD in Astrophysics.

Once, Matteo told me that we cannot really touch objects. That the feeling we experience when we press our fingertip towards a surface is only the feeling of two electric charges of the same value (negative or positive) repealing each other. Like magnets.

If we could really make contact with objects, we would “mix” with those objects. The molecules of our fingers would combine with those from a ring, from a mug, from our gloves. We would stick to objects. The electric charges around all objects come from the atoms and prevent objects of this weird interaction with everything around them.

Some weeks ago, I wrote of me being not ready to have children, but mature enough to switch to a smartphone. Well, 5 weeks ago I got a Samsung Galaxy III. Once Hannes told me his first smartphone “was not a mobile phone, but a temple”. I started to discovery my dual-core-mobile-temple last week. Everyday, I went to bed with my new mobile and after turning the room light off, I had a final check on my social-media updates.

Facebook: Check!
Whatsapp messages: Check!
SMS Inbox: Check!

Only then I was ready to close my eyes fall asleep.

The next step of this infatuation was to take my mobile to the restroom and perform this check while in the toilette.

Facebook: Check!
Whatsapp messages: Check!
SMS Inbox: Check!
Put mobile on the water tank: Check!
Flush the toilette: Check!
Wash my hands: Check!

Then, it happened: SMS received...vibration mode was ON...mobile vibrated...

...and there was only one place around the water tank where my smartphone could fall.

According to physics, my mobile did not touch the water, but this galaxy does not irradiate any kind of light anymore.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario