viernes, 27 de noviembre de 2009

I love solitary, I just hate the name

This week has been a heavy one: I interviewed 20 people and still have to transcribe the recorded material. On the nights of Tuesday and Thursday I couldn’t fell asleep and stayed awake playing solitary on my iPod until 3 o’clock in the morning. During those two long and boring nights I started to figure out why that game was called solitary…after finding it out, I was so depressed…shit…

Today is Friday and I am spending the afternoon with two dozens of teenagers; they are all part of the research sample for my study. Apart of that, I have no further plans for tonight, which means going to bed before midnight and waking up before noon (this has turned into a normal weekend procedure for me in Nicaragua). Those who know me well know that I am a lazy bastard; during weekends I love staying in bed until hunger turns into horrific pain or until getting up for the bathroom is a matter of surviving the day or not. I tell you, for me there is not better feeling than opening my eyes at 2 o’clock in the afternoon and knowing I don’t have to go to the office.

Tomorrow, I have to finalise a paper and transcribe some interviews (lovely work by the way); apart from working, I have to pick up from the airport my first visit since I live in Nicaragua: Kathrin Ettel (trivia: her brother played Bruno, a brown bear, in a costume for a German TV-film last year). Kathrin is a good friend of mine I know from Innsbruck (another triva: my brother was her Spanish teacher this summer), she had migratory problems in Cuba, and due to her visa status had to leave the island - this is actually the main reason for her visit - but I am really looking forward to chat with her, but above all, I am happy that I will now have photographs of me with another person!

I just finished writing and realised I haven't written a single line about food...well, to add a culinary item to this blog, let me say that Today I had a breathtaking plate of bean-soup with coriander and instead of bread, I had banana chips.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario