sábado, 5 de diciembre de 2009

A fish soup, a Latin-music gig and the trip planned for tomorrow

I have the feeling that if you have an iPod you are automatically a poser…at least in Austria; down there, many people try to go against the iPod,-mainstream and use explicitly “non-apple” mobiles and mp3 players to hear their music, and music plays a significant role on today’s blog.

I am now hearing “Antennas” wearing headphones in order not to wake Kathrin up. I discovered this band thanks to my brother,Tomás; he sent me once an e-mail telling me about “a cool Swedish band playing in our favorite venue” (that's the P.M.K. in Innsbruck). I went there and enjoyed the concert; and met the band, nice guys by the way!
That night I borrowed money from Helmut, the concert-promoter, and bought two band cd’s at bargain price, one of the CD’s was for my brother, the other one was for me. Right now I am hearing the psychedelic song “sinners repent”.

I came back home about an hour ago; tonight I went out to see my first concert in Nicaragua. The gig was typically Latin: There were huge amounts of testosterone on the stage and only one female singer (7 percussionists, a bass player, two guitarists, a keyboarder and a sexy-heavy-weight-black-beauty as a singer). The best thing of the concert was the repeatedly use of the word “candela”, it really reminded me of my last gig with BRTKLLR - one keyboard, one mic and two drummers, that was a nice concert!

Before going to the concert tonight, we had dinner at a fish-restaurant, I tried one of the best soups ever: it was a huge plate with a whole a lobster in it, also a crab, fish pieces and plenty of garlic and clams, all this on a milky broth.

Tomorrow we leave for playa Madera near San Juan del Sur; I heard there are many surfers there, I hope I see none, I actually don’t like hippies - just as Hannes and Tomás ;-) By the way, I am writing this blog wearing my sunglasses and it is dark outside.

P.S. The album "feeling feline tonight" from Antennas is nice, cool and it helps you write down your ideas late at night - even if you are not sober ;-)

2 comentarios:

  1. sorry Allison, I forgot you (it was not so difficult due to the amount of rum with lime and soda I drank that night ;-)

    Saludos seniorita!

    ResponderEliminar