viernes, 22 de enero de 2010

If I get killed, it was the jealous boyfriend

Perhaps you have noticed that some of my entries do not correspond to the situation and events immediately happening before writing my blog. For example: my airport blog-entry was written in Mexico City and in Chihuahua within a span of 36 hours; the stories on our Nicaraguan trip were written two weeks after Tita and Tomás left; and right now, I have decided to once more break the chronological storytelling order and write about today’s events (Jan 22nd) and not about Tomás’ last days in Managua, as I have promised on my last blog.

Sip of sauvignon blanc…

Today I conducted my last interview in Estelí; do you remember? I am in Nicaragua to interview over hundred people. After this interview I immediately fled to Managua. I wanted to go to the sushi bar I always go to, but when I was at the restaurant centre I decided to try something different and went to a “Mediterranean & fusion restaurant” (fine recipes, but awful cook). After ordering my meal, I realised that I have left my mobile phone on the taxi. Do you know what it is to forget your mobile in a Taxi in a country outside central Europe? Last May I forgot a Laptop in a Taxi in Hannover and got it shipped back to Austria although I was in Mexico, but I was sure this was not to happen in Central America…I was a little bit calmed when I called my own number and the taxi driver, in fact he answered, he drove back and gave me back my mobile phone. I no loner have a no doubt about it, I am a luck bastard…

On my way back to the SOS Village, my only Nicaraguan friend called me; her name is Ericka, you may have spotted her on my Facebook pics from Nicaragua: she’s very small (up to my waist according to Fritz)…and has an incredibly jealous boyfriend, the bad thing about it…he hates me. He detests me so much that today he suddenly asked Ericka to marry him (in two weeks), the main reason? Only to be her husband before I leave Nicaragua! The sad thing about it is that she asked me today to call her a maximum of one time every four weeks! Apparently, once a month is not too much for her boyfriend.

…two sips of white wine…Now, I am no longer allowed to call my friend until February 22nd; this was my first close encounter to Latin machismo since I experienced a very weird situation back home with my sister and her ex-boyfriend four years ago…

I will not further write about Ericka’s boyfriend. You know, I am actually a little bit scared about this guy, he could easily track down this blog…I am not kidding! He already tracked Ericka’s incoming calls to see how often I was calling her…yes he is a real psycho, no doubt about it!
People, if I am killed within the next hours, please tell the police that I was most probably murdered by the Ericka Saldana’s jealous boyfriend. If the police asks for details or distinctive signs, please tell them he is (probably) not well equipped ;-)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario