martes, 23 de marzo de 2010

being trapped in an elevator is not funny at all

Last weekend was not bad; I slept a lot and visited many bars. On Friday Tanja visited me and we had two different sorts of rum I brought from Nicaragua. First we had white rum (aged 4 years) with lemon juice and mineral water, after drinking two of those, we took the next step: A perfectly mellow-brown, 7 year-aged rum, it was sweet and tasted like caramel, but smelled like honey.

Since Tanja left soon, I called a friend of mine who I knew was going to be out. I went to the bar she was, but after a short while we went to another place. The DJ was a poser, but the music he downloaded from the internet was good. I really hate it when I hear good beats and nice mixing, but suddenly realise that the DJ is just pretending to be a DJ; that happened to me last Friday: The poser had 2 turntables working, but the music was coming out of a CD-player.

I left after 40 or 50 minutes, then went home and made a huge mistake: Facebook. I finally went to bed at 3:30, but was woken up by a text message after only four hours, at 7:45. I read it and slept again, but then I got a phone call at 10 a.m.; I was really willing to sleep until noon, but I wasn’t able to.

Saturday-night was better: I went to the opening of a café & fashion-store until late, but on Sunday I was able to sleep as long as I wanted. After many hours of sleeping wonderful, I got out of bed…at 3 p.m.

Tomorrow after work, I have to buy a couple of things for my sister’s wedding: A nice looking shirt for my brother, Viennese cacao powder for the cake and good prosecco for Tita. Even though I am leaving to Chihuahua in three weeks, I would like to get all the stuff tomorrow, otherwise I can easily forget about it. It wouldn’t be the first time I forget something. Actually, some years ago I was working in a pizzeria; one day I had go to the basement to pick up ice-cream boxes, when I was in an elevator I totally freaked out because it wasn’t moving, I was sure the elevator was stuck, and the worst thing was that nobody knew I was in the basement and I had no mobile phone, then I realised I only forgot to press the floor button.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario