domingo, 30 de mayo de 2010

Am I metro-sexual or am I only afraid of getting old?

I remember that turning 30 was not a big deal. I celebrated with Hannes (Whose birthday is the day after mine) in the cellar where I rehearse. We invited lots of friends and sang karaoke. Queen of the night was Felicia, my former Italian-flatmate who secretly got drunk before the party.

The fact that that day I moved from the age group of the people in their 20’s to the one in their 30’s did not seem to affect me. However, turning 31 was different; I had no close friend in Nicaragua and had no birthday party.

Some weeks ago I went to a store to buy body lotion. After taking a look to the dozens of products, one special bottle gained my attention. The singularity of it laid on two specific words written on its label “Anti-Ageing”. I bought it immediately.

Since I was a child I love reading whatever it’s written on packages. The best thing during the breakfast was to read all sides of the cereal box. Reading the stuff written on a McDonalds’ Happy Meal rocked, and I still enjoy reading menus every time I visit a restaurant - I actually read the entire menu.

The last paragraph is actually the introduction to this: When I got home with my new body-lotion, the first thing I did was to read the lotion’s package. I found the information I was looking for, it read something like this “Beginning with 30, the skin stops producing…”. I am in this age group, meaning my skin surely stopped producing that thing. Buying that anti-ageing cream was surely one of the best decisions I’ve made this month.

Hannes laughed at me by saying my new body-lotion is against cellulite (and this would be extremely gay). I don’t think that the lotion is for fighting cellulite, but in the instructions, it is indicated to use it also in the thighs and on the butt. The remaining question is: am I metro-sexual or am I only afraid of getting old, or are both interrelated?

P.S. I can't remember if I already used this new pic on my profile...

1 comentario:

  1. I think is the second thought. Both are interrelated, afraid of getting old an getting uglier.
    Getting old is getting uglier than we are now. And I also think that it is advertising who sell us the idea that getting old is a bad thing.
    I prefer to think about not getting tired so easy or don´t loosing the flexibility in my body, and that is possible to preserve even if you are old. Do more excercise and eat well!!
    Crecer solo tiene cosas buenas, pero permaneciendo joven en el espíritu.
    Animo y un abrazo, a ver si nos vemos pronto.
    Mariela

    ResponderEliminar