jueves, 26 de mayo de 2011

Happy Guys Finish Last

Jessica L. Tracy and Alec T. Beall from the Psychology department at the University of British Columbia recently published a study called "Happy Guys Finish Last: The Impact of Emotion Expressions on Sexual Attraction", they did not only achieved international success within the scientific community, but they also had media impact internationally (I read that in an Austrian news-website)

Tracy and Beall suggest that "Showing a happy face is considered essential to any
friendly social interaction, including those involving sexual attraction
" but this
applies only for women! The study states that "women may find male pride displays
more attractive than male happiness
".

Now my story:

Between 2008 and 2009 I was not very lucky with women, let me quote again (but this
time myself), "I will try emotional chastity". Reasons for this? During my stay in Nicaragua (and the 18 months prior to that) I was not happy with my non-existing emotional life.

What went wrong with the ladies? During that period, I was not always happy, or at
least I did not look happy. So, I assume that my face and body expressed more
seriousness, even sadness.

So: during 2008 and 2009, I did not laugh much, but women did not find me attractive!

Ms tracy and Mr Beall, I can prove you wrong!

Summarising:
a) I was a serious man (almost an emo) for two years
b) there we no women queuing to meet me during this period
c) I am dating a girl
d) I am permanently smiling

Thesis by Tracy and Beall: "Happy Guys Finish Last"

Thesis by me: I am a happy guy who will finish last

Synthesis: Happy guys don't care if they finish first...or last


P.S. Here is the link to the study of Tracy and Beall

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario