lunes, 26 de marzo de 2012

Please, don't try this at home

This is surely not the first time I write about prosecco, but it may be the first time that I write something negative about my party drink par excellence.

It is known that sparkling wines, like Champagne, Cava or in this case, Prosecco, are used to celebrate  among friends. The pearls in sparkling wine makes you smile, I actually feel very happy after the second prosecco glass.

Well, last Friday night I was home on my own and started to play the piano while enjoying a glass of chilled prosecco. This is for me - and I think I don't have to mention it - the best way to start the weekend. I was in the middle of my creative phase (this usually happens after 10 minutes of playing, when my fingers begin to ache) when I got a text message from Sylvain, a friend of mine. He and some other friends were in a bar (a place they own) having dinner.

I finished my prosecco and decided to join them.

When I got to the bar they were finishing dinner and they offered me a slice of quiche, but I was not hungry at all. So I had a glass of white wine and after half an hour it happened: I got incredibly hungry.

Sylvain, who went to the supermarket before, offered me some of his groceries. I took some red onions, Emmental cheese, eggs and rye-bread. I had the last sip in my glass and went straight to the bar's kitchen to cook dinner...under the funny influences of prosecco.

On Saturday night, I was on my bed enjoying an episode of Seinfeld, when I got hungry and decided to prepare something nice for dinner. So I opened a bottle of French wine and treated myself with  mushrooms on chilli, oil and vinegar and focaccia baked with potato slices and rosemary.

You probably have no idea where I am heading to. But it is OK, I am about to reveal everything, so this blog entry becomes clear to you. 

Prosecco puts peiple in the perfect mood to celebrate and makes them happy...but too happy to cook. Dear blog reader, if you ever have to cook for friends, or only for you, please avoid prosecco. Have red wine or fresh lemonade instead. Because even though the second glass of prosecco will make you feel like the best cook ever, it won't be true. It will be simply an illusion.

Do you want to see facts?
Four pieces of toasted rye-bread, a whole red onion fried with one cup of Emmental and two fried eggs...I swear I had nightmares that night and had to burp like jabba the hut!

Matured Manchego cheese, potato-focaccia, mushrooms vinaigrette and French wine, oh man! I slept like a baby after this!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario