sábado, 17 de julio de 2010

The happiest day this summer

It is a fact that in spring and summer people are happier; one of the reasons for this feeling is the sun. When the human body receives more sunlight than usual, the natural production of serotonin is triggered. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter which supports the feeling of well-being and is considered as one of the happiness-hormones. Serotonin is also produced in plants, actually, the happiness that we experience when eating chocolate comes from the serotonin contained in cocoa.

During sunny seasons, the human body also produces sexual hormones.

Near my house, a group of three young guys are renovating parts of an old bakery in order to transform it into a space for cultural exchange. Our festival may be one of the organisations with office in that building.

Hannes (who also lives close to the bakery) and I helped last week in the demolition works. It was a very hot day; it actually reminded me of a Saturday afternoon in Chihuahua. Before going to the construction site, I had half a litre of cacao milk.

At the site, I saw a construction machine and immediately felt in love with it. It was one of the best tools a man can held: A Hilti demolition machine

The combination was incredible:
- I had the strength of happiness (Serotonin from the sunlight and from cacao)
- I had a new best friend along (The Hilti demolition machine)
- but we also had an enemy: Three brick walls.

Last Saturday was amazing and if you don't believe me see these photos

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario