sábado, 30 de junio de 2012

Society could easily consider this night as a ladies night...but there are no ladies

It is Saturday night and I am sitting in my room listening to sad music and writing these lines. Saturday is the favourite day of many people I know because one can wake up late and stay up as long as one can.

In Hollywood teenager movies, pyjama parties (the mother of all teenager parties) are always held on Saturdays. There, girls sit on their bed all night, watch cheesy romantic movies, eat chocolate and hear to love songs and drink white wine.

Today I woke up late, had breakfast, cleaned my apartment, did Pilates, took a shower and went out to the restaurant area of Tbilisi. As a starter, I had thin cheese-slices filled with homemade yogurt and mint; then I had a trout with green and red bell peppers served with pomegranate sauce and lemon.

Then I headed to a wine bar had two glasses and a bowl of rosemary olives, then, I went home...at 8 p.m.

I think I easily cover all areas to qualify for a ladies night:
  • I am wearing my pyjama,
  • I have been sitting on my bed for the last five hours,
  • I watched a romantic movie (Clerks II),
  • I ate a whole package of chocolate-covered wafers,
  • I am hearing sad songs,
  • I am drinking red wine (shortly ago, I could not open a white wine bottle, and this is slowly developing into a serious masculinity problem),
  • By the way, is it legitimate to feel less masculine for not being able to unscrew a bottle with a Swiss knife? Is having a masculinity problem related to hormones?
  • Is it stupid and chauvinist to ask?
Since this night has all of the elements above, I think society could easily consider this night a ladies night, only without the ladies…
…shit, this is not a ladies night; it’s Bridget Jones' opening scene.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario